Thursday 14 February 2013

 
 
Lulus rooms - the details..
 
 
Nomuu prints
 
 
I didn't really have a theme in mind when I started decorating Luella's room just that I want it to be pretty and girly without being to babyish and absolutely no Winnie the pooh, dora etc motifs would enter the room.. I looked around the Internet at lots of art prints but nothing really grabbed me until I came across them Nomuu and I knew straight away I had found what I was looking for- they such beautiful illustrations , will grow with Luella and are really reasonably priced.. and the lady behind Nomuu happens to also be Simone - meant to be surely..  I have just noticed some abstract art on the Nomuu website that I may just have to break my shopping ban for ..
 
 

 
I blogged about the animal print shop here  and I decided that  I would have it framed professionally-, and the very lovely man who did this announced proudly to me when I arrived to pick it up that he had used the black border on the inside of the Matte to make the zebra 'pop' more..favour hmm I am not so sure.. I really would have preferred it without but I just couldn't ask to have it re-done especially after he told me ' it cost twice the price but I knew I had to do it love' It hangs above the change table for now.
 
 The little cushion I made late one night during a bout of pregnancy insomnia from a piece of linen and some scrap fabric..
 
 
 I always wanted a chair for feeding and somewhere to spend some quiet time, looking around the shops it is really not possible to find a nice armchair for under $1000 , so I was rather pleased to pick this one up from my local op-shop and one the Vintage Shed stallholders who happens to be an upholsterer did a beautiful job re-covering it.The fabric I found at wholesale warehouse for $10 a metre..if anybody would like either Dave's number or the warehouse address you can email me and I can pass on the details..
 
 Also above the Ginger Jar lamp  is a $4 op shop find
Little teddy- $2 op shop find that I just couldn't leave behind
The cushion is one of a pair I have had for many years
The chevron blanket was a beautiful gift from my old Vintage Girl friend Bec at Little Flea ..
 
The blanket box I picked up for $55 at the Vintage Shed it was originally brown and I painted grey which turned out to be a little bit blue.
 
The white shelf is from Heaney and Hall.
 
The little chalkboard I painted from an old clipboard and took the little quote of the Internet and transferred onto using this technique here..
 
The cute framed clouds print is fromMiddle of Nowhere art , purchased at Robert Gordon.
 
The little wooden house is a couple of wood offcuts I was given painted very hastily made to look like a house..
 
 
I knew I wanted to hang a mirror above the chest of drawers ( we already had the drawers) but couldn't find the size and style that i wanted so I went to a framers chose the style that I wanted and they made it to my specifications..
 
The bunting is paper- sewn by me..
The Bunny is a gift from my Mum
Paper flower made from Vintage sewing pattern paper from Conor's school fete..
 
 
Apart from the above the cot was from Toys R Us and a friends husband sprayed it white for me- it reminded me of this designer version but for about 1/4 of the price.
 
Bedding is Dwell studio from the baby closet
 
The rug is from Target
 
The blind was a standard Roman blind which I added a pompom trim to from spotlight..
 
The knitted pouffe was a bargain for $40 on sale at Spotlight
 
Lastly we received so many beautiful gifts and this cushion from Meg at the Vintage Shed all the way from Bali is rather special..
 
 
Phew and that's it ....... If there is anything I have left out and you would like to know more I am than happy to fill you in via email or the comments below..
 
Off to the Vintage Shed tomorrow for me- who knows what treasures await me !
 
Simone xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment