Tuesday 14 August 2012

FUN WITH CHALK...

Chalkboards are something you see popping up in a lot of homes these days and nothing new... But I had been thinking for quite a while about doing one just opposite the kitchen, I made a pin board for there out of an old frame a few years ago and it is good but I find it gets a bit messy and it such a huge wall that it gets lost a little..

So I discussed it with my husband and told me -no way, he didn't think it was a good idea blah blah blah. So I took another couple of weeks to think about and take his thoughts into consideration and then did what typically happens when he opposes a decision about the house - I waited till he was away for the day at the races and went ahead and did it anyway..

My biggest concern was taping out the area- I cannot draw a straight line to save myself, but I got the spirit level out and I was surprised how well it went ! Then it was three coats of magnetic primer and the following day a coat of chalk board paint... I am really happy with how it turned out and I think I will draw little boxes and a calender each month to try and whip this family into some sort of organisation..




Sorry about the fuzzy pin board photo- it is now on the floor waiting for a new home so I couldn't take it again..

The only complaint I would have is the magnetic hold is not particularly good- I am going to have to go on the hunt for some groovy magnets and I recently came across these chalkboard pencils on etsy which I think I will order..



Chalk Pencil. Extra for Peg and Awl chalk tablets and chalk pads

Once again we are housebound again with my littlest boy sick again this time with a nasty ear infection - bring on some warm weather, its so hard to see him sick and miserable all the time..

Bye for now ,

Simone xx



3 comments:

  1. Oh my .god.... It looks absolutely amazing! Im sure you can get chalk paint pens as well.....you have inpired me. Might have to copy hehe. Bec xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ! Plenty of paint left, just let me know if you want.. See u soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Simone....Your blackboard wall looks BRILLIANT....Your bravery has certainly paid off....!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete